Cameronbridge is a Lowland single grain distillery located in Windygates alongside the river Leven in Fife, Scotland. The distillery was built in 1824 by John Haig and shortly after it became the first distillery to produce grain whisky using a column still invented by Robert Stein. Then in 1877 the John Haig & Co. joined with five other whisky companies to become the Distillers Company Ltd. In 1919 John Haig & Co. were bought out by DCL. The distillery has a huge output capability and can produce up to 30 million litres a year. Cameronbridge is mainly used to make whisky for Diageo’s blends. Haig Club and Cameron Brig single grain whiskies are also produced on site. After the closing of the Gordons Gin distillery in Essex, Cameronbridge is earmarked to distill this gin too. There are also a fair few independent bottling’s of Cameronbridge currently in the market. Hunter Laing, Signatory, Gordon & MacPhail and Berry Bros & Rudd to name but a few.