Highland Malt Whisky
The Highland region of Scotland is the largest whisky producing region in the country, covering a vast area from north of Glasgow to Thurso. The region is known for producing whiskies with diverse and complex flavor profiles, ranging from light and floral to rich and full-bodied. The Highland malt whiskies are characterized by their balance of sweet and smoky notes, with some even featuring hints of fruit, spice, and oak.
One of the most distinctive features of Highland whisky is the influence of the local terroir, which encompasses the rugged landscape, peat bogs, and fresh water sources of the region. Many of the Highland distilleries rely on traditional methods of production, including the use of copper pot stills and aging in oak casks, to create their signature flavors.
Some of the most famous Highland malt whisky distilleries include Ben Nevis, Glendronach, and Old Pulteney. These distilleries are renowned for their exceptional craftsmanship and dedication to quality, producing whiskies that are sought after by connoisseurs around the world.
Items 1-12 of 145
- Glengoyne Teapot Dram Batch 009 58.9%£203.94 £169.95
- Tomatin 2017 Virgin Oak Single Cask #875 61.1%£131.94 £109.95
- Tomatin 2011 Ex-Bourbon Single Cask #4895 59.6%£179.94 £149.95
- Tomatin 2010 Ex-PX Sherry Single Cask #37857 57.4%£209.94 £174.95
- Tomatin 2008 Ex-Oloroso Sherry Single Cask #769 59.7%£239.94 £199.95
- Glendronach 12 Year Old 2022 Release 43%£52.74 £43.95
- Glendronach Port Wood 46%£70.74 £58.95