In Deanston we have a distillery located in the Southern Highlands region just north of the city of Stirling. The distillery building, once a cotton mill was converted in 1965 then production was ready to commence a year later. Having experienced a number of owners over the years in 2013 the South African based Distell Group acquired the distillery and then in 2022 Dutch brewer Heineken agreed to buy a majority stake in the group.
Interestingly a hydro electric turbine was installed recently replacing an existing older one, and this provides a sustainable power source for the whole site.
Since the beginning of the millennium organic spirit has been produced every year for part of the year. Now this has been scaled down to make way for the increased production of the more traditional Deanston single malt to keep up with customer demand.
All the single malts are handcrafted and the core range are laid to rest in mainly bourbon casks. The signature style is unpeated, deliciously smooth with sweeter honey flavours. There are also some great limited editions and distillery exclusives available. The distillery is not afraid to experiment and in 2021 a new whisky named Dragon's Milk finished in stout casks! was released.
Items 1-12 of 20
- Deanston 15 Year Old Tequila Cask Finish 52.5%£89.94 £74.95
- Deanston 19 Year Old Muscat Finish 55.2%£239.94 £199.95
- Deanston Tumbler Glass£14.95 £14.95
- Deanston Glass£12.95 £12.95
- Deanston 2009 Organic PX Hogshead 56.4%£167.94 £139.95
- Deanston 2012 Le Panto Butt 59% 20cl£54.95 £54.95
- Deanston 2012 Le Panto Butt 59%£167.94 £139.95
- Deanston 2007 Calvados Cask Finish 57.4%Sale Price £74.95 £74.95 List Price £119.95
- Deanston Warehouse 4 1993 Port Pipe Cask #1 47.5%£347.94 £289.95
- Deanston The Union Distillery Exclusive 2019 Release 55.7%£155.94 £129.95
- Deanston 2002 Port Cask Finish 51.1%£185.94 £154.95