The Talisker distillery is in the Highlands region and owned by whisky industry giant’s Diageo. The distillery is located on the beautiful Isle of Skye and has a lengthy, thriving history of production dating back to 1830 when founded by Hugh & Kenneth MacAskill.
Over the past twenty years Talisker has increasing become one of the main single malt whisky brands worldwide. Currently sales stand at 3.2 million bottles annually and it holds eighth place on the best selling Scottish single malt list. Recently the owners took the decision to completely overhaul the visitor centre to encourage a higher percentage of the 650,000 annual tourists to the island to visit the distillery.
Talisker has won many prestigious awards. Most notably the Talisker 10 year old took ‘Best Islands Single Malt’ at the 2017 World Whiskies Awards and was a gold medal winner at the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2017. The style of whisky is enjoyed for its full-bodied, smoky and maritime character. The core range is Skye and Storm with no age statement. Distiller's Edition 10, 18, 25 and 30 years old in Amoroso sherry finish casks. Plus theres the Port Ruighe finished in ruby port casks. In 2022 the 44 year old Forests of the Deep was released unusually finished in casks that were charred using sea kelp.
- Talisker x Parley Wilder Seas 48.6%£89.95 £89.95
- Talisker 2011 Distillers Edition 45.8%£61.14 £50.95
- Talisker 44 Year Old Forests Of The Deep 49.1%£3,699.54 £3,082.95
- Talisker 11 Year Old Special Releases 2022 55.1%£110.34 £91.95
- Talisker Elements 27 Year Old 58%£1,079.94 £899.95
- Talisker Hand Filled 9 Year Old Rejuvented Red Wine Cask 59.8%Sale Price £203.94 £169.95 List Price £239.94
- Talisker 10 Year Old 45.8%£43.14 £35.95
- Talisker 2011 Hand Filled Distillery Exclusive Release 55.4%Sale Price £299.94 £249.95 List Price £359.94