Tormore in the Speyside region lies north, east of Grantown-on-Spey in Morayshire. Founded in 1958 by Schenley International the distillery was up and running two years later to supply whisky for the blending houses. It now is owned by Elixir Distillers, the company belonging to Sukhinder and Rajbir Singh. They acquired the distillery recently in June 2022 and intend to open a visitor centre. In Tormore, they certainly have a site that is perfect for such a project as the listed buildings are already stunning themselves. Designed by the renowned architect Sir Albert Richardson, these buildings are beautiful with their green copper roofs and tall feature windows. Tormore is one of Scotland’s larger distilleries and has eight stills in total housed in the impressively tall still house. At the moment the core range includes the 14 & 16 year olds. Exciting times lie ahead for this distillery with such ambitious entrepreneurs at the helm who aim to capitalise on work already done and further enhance the brand on a global stage.
- Tormore 26 Year Old Whisky #101158 Berry Bros & Rudd 44.5%£149.94 £124.95
- Tormore 1993 Connoisseurs Choice Single Cask #5053 54.5%£239.94 £199.95
- Tormore 1994 Connoisseurs Choice Single Cask 57.7%£227.94 £189.95
- Tormore 2013 Marsala Hogshead Single Cask Hart Bros 50.0%Sale Price £53.94 £44.95 List Price £59.94
- Tormore 16 Year Old 1st Fill Barrel Single Cask #104907 56.9%Sale Price £95.94 £79.95 List Price £107.94