The history of Kilchoman began in the year 2002 when plans were realised to establish a new distillery at Rockside Farm in the west of the island of Islay. The distillery, owned by Kilchoman Distillery Company was founded by Anthony Wills and is an independently run business. The 'farm' address is relevant as the owners had the admirable ambition in this time when sustainability is paramount - not only to grow their own barley but also to malt it on site. At present the aim is to malt around a quarter of the barley at the distillery. The rest of the malt with a higher phenol level comes from Port Ellen. Expansion is the key word at Kilchoman as progress is made to drain more farmland, increase the number of malting floors and build a second distillery in mirror image of the original. In 2019 capacity doubled with two more stills added.
The core range includes:- 100% Islay (made from 100% barley grown and malted on the island) Machir Bay and Sanaig. Plus there are limited but regular releases of Loch Gorm matured in oloroso casks. Limited expressions have a loyal following with whisky enthusiasts and are becoming ever more collectable.
Items 1-12 of 13
- Kilchoman Machir Bay 46%£37.95 £37.95
- Kilchoman 2011 Single Cask 306/2011 56.5%£124.95 £124.95
- Kilchoman Machir Bay Cask Strength 2021 58.3%£65.94 £54.95
- Kilchoman Casado 2022 Limited Edition 46%£77.94 £64.95
- Kilchoman 100% Islay 12th Edition 50%£80.34 £66.95
- Kilchoman UK Small Batch No 4 49.8%£65.94 £54.95
- Kilchoman PX Sherry Cask Matured 2021 Release 47.3%£143.94 £119.95
- Kilchoman 2016 Madeira Cask 5 Year Old 50%£71.94 £59.95
- Kilchoman UK Small Batch No 3 49.1%£59.94 £49.95
- Kilchoman 2013 PX Cask Finish 55.4%£191.94 £159.95
- Kilchoman 100% Islay 8th Edition 50%£80.34 £66.95
- Kilchoman Sanaig 46%£58.74 £48.95