Scapa distillery is located in the Highlands region, specifically on the island of Orkney near the town of Kirkwall. It is owned by Chivas Brothers (Pernod Ricard).
The distillery looks directly out over Scapa Flow which happens to be one of the world's biggest natural harbours. As you can imagine the views from the distillery are incredible and a tasting room is currently being built to take advantage of the dramatic outlook over the bay.
The distillery is one of the few remaining that is manually operated. The style of whisky produced has sweet honey and tropical fruit characteristics. Quite unusually there is a barrel shaped Lomond wash-still allowing a luscious, fruity spirit to be produced. Brian MacAuley the master distiller has a life long passion for whisky and works with a small team of artisans using long-established techniques to create Scapa single malt.
The distillery produces a no age statement Scapa Skiren that is matured in first fill bourbon plus there’s the peated Glansa no age statement. Recently there have been a few older vintage releases and also produced is the single cask edition Distillery Reserve Collection
Items 1-12 of 18
- Scapa 26 Year Old 2nd Fill Barrel #1692 Distillery Reserve Collection 53.9%Sale Price £293.94 £244.95 List Price £359.94
- Scapa 1988 32 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice 50.6%£719.94 £599.95
- Scapa 10 Year Old 1st Fill Barrel #930 Distillery Reserve Collection 58.4%Sale Price £99.95 £99.95 List Price £111.95
- Scapa 12 Year Old 1st Fill Butt #609 Distillery Reserve Collection 60.2%Sale Price £119.94 £99.95 List Price £143.94
- Scapa 13 Year Old 1st Fill Barrel #1011 Distillery Reserve Collection 53%Sale Price £143.94 £119.95 List Price £158.34
- Scapa 13 Year Old 1st Fill Butt #2232 Distillery Reserve Collection 63.3%Sale Price £99.95 £99.95 List Price £129.95
- Scapa 19 Year Old 1st Fill Barrel #609 Distillery Reserve Collection 52%Sale Price £227.94 £189.95 List Price £251.94